gromox-eml2mt — Utility for analysis/import of Internet Mail messages, iCalendar and vCard objects
gromox-eml2mt [-Ppt] file.eml[…]
gromox-ical2mt [-Ppt] file.ics[…]
gromox-vcf2mt [-Ppt] file.vcf[…]
gromox-eml2mt reads one or more RFC5322-formatted e-mail messages and re-exports the data in a Gromox-specific mailbox transfer format to stdout for consumption by pipe by the gromox-mt2exm(8gx) program. Each file must contain at most one RFC5322 message; mailboxes of type Unix mbox are not supported at this time.
When called as gromox-ical2mt, the input is treated as RFC5545-formatted calendaring and scheduling objects (.ics).
When called as gromox-vcf2mt, the input is treated as RFC4770/6530-formatted vCard objects (.vcf).
eml2mt will resolve email addresses to Gromox objects already, so the emitted data stream should be consumed by an mt2exm invocation on the same Gromox cluster.
- Treat all file arguments as iCalendar input. This is the default if the program was invoked as gromox-ical2mt. Messages will be anchored to the calendar folder.
- Treat all file arguments as Internet Mail input. This is the default if the program was invoked as gromox-eml2mt. Messages remain unanchored, and you can use the mt2exm -B option.
- Treat all file arguments as vCard input. This is the default if the program was invoked as gromox-vcf2mt. Messages will be anchored to the contacts folder.
- Do not resolve email addresses to EX addresses, but to ONEOFF instead. This way, streams created by eml2mt can be imported into other Gromox clusters that do not have the same user set.
- Enable super-pedantic mode when parsing VCARDs and reject everything that is not recognized. (Not recommended)
- Show properties in detail (enhances -t).
- Show a diagnostic tree view of the source data as it is being read.
Import of an RFC5322 message (sometimes with .eml file extension) to drafts:
gromox-eml2mt msg.eml | gromox-mt2exm -u firstname.lastname@example.org -B drafts
Import of calendar objects:
gromox-ical2mt meeting.ics | gromox-mt2exm -u email@example.com
gromox(7), gromox-exm2eml(8gx), gromox-mt2exm(8gx)