Current roadmap of grommunio (as of 16th of May, 2022):
- The Current Stable stable release of grommunio has been released on the 16th of May 2022, with a support lifecycle of 3 years and optional extended lifecycle extensions available with grommunio’s subscription program.
- The Next stable release is planned for release in November 2022 with the
- Development of Outlook Addons for grommunio Chat and Files (Meet already released) to integrate all other aspects of enterprise communication directly with Microsoft Outlook
- New filesystem storage backend with application-level, store-wide deduplication and enhanced integrity through hash-based storage
- Full integration of Keycloak IDP within the appliance and with native API integration, providing modern authentication
- Support for PGP/GnuPG signed and encrypted mails in grommunio Web
- grommunio Desktop will provide a cross-platform desktop-like experience, based on ElectronJS and available to macOS, Linux and Windows users
- Extension of EWS support for integrations with third-party vendors, such as Salesforce, SAP and Oracle CX
- The Future release is planned after the Next release with the
following featureset, according to current plans:
- AI processing will allow insight information for in-depth communication analysis, enabling next-generation analytics on collaborative data.
- grommunio Web 2.0 will be a complete redevelopment of grommunio Web, based on modern principles of software design - Enabling modularity, enhancing prodictivity including a true responsive design.
grommunio is committed to delivering quality software products in a customer-friendly and predictable way.
The release model of grommunio is divided into 2 different chains:
- Major releases (e.g. 2021.08.1, 2022.05.1, 2022.11.1)
- Minor releases (e.g. 2021.08.2, 2021.08.3, 2022.05.2)
Major releases contain are determined to larger feature sets as well as including potential architectural changes whereas minor releases are focussed on bugfixes, security updates and smaller features.
While grommunio does everything to provide the highest level of transparency, the roadmap document is subject to change based on factors such as customer demand, technological adaption or community response. While this document is crafted with the highest level of care and accuracy, there might be changes, which grommunio communicates through its available communication channels, such as social networks, newsletters and on grommunio’s other news sections.