imap — Gromox IMAP server
The IMAP server supports impersonation. The username given to the IMAP login normally specifies both the mailbox and the user performing the access. To use a different identity for authentication, prefix the mailbox name by the user identity and separate it with an exclamation mark, e.g. "email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org". Accessing a store in such manner is only possible when the authenticating user has store ownership over the mailbox.
imap [-c config]
- -c config
Read configuration directives from the given file. If this option is not specified, /etc/gromox/imap.cfg will be read if it exists.
Output version information and exit.
Display option summary.
The usual config file location is /etc/gromox/imap.cfg.
- The amount of time a user is blocked from connecting to the service after too many failed logins.Default: 1 minute
- Colon-separated list of directories in which further configuration files, especially those used by plugin instances, will be searched.Default: /etc/gromox/imap:/etc/gromox
- The expected average upper bound of number of mails for a folder. Together with context_num, this directive controls the size of the memory pool for listings.Default: 64K
- Maximum number of concurrently active sessions.Default: 200
- Colon-separated list of directories in which static data files will be searched.Default: /usr/share/gromox/imap
Default: (system domainname)
- RFC 2971 specifies the "ID" command with which a client can inquire the program name and version of the server. This is disabled by default, as it can facilitate potential attackers' information gathering.Default: no
- A unique identifier for this system. It is used in the IMAP protocol greeting lines (positive as well as negative). It is furthermore used as a unique identifier among the set of all midb(8gx) clients to construct filenames for the MIDB database/EML cache. The identifier should only use characters allowed for hostnames.Default: (system hostname)
- The number of login tries a user is allowed before the account is blocked.Default: 10
- If an IMAP connection is idle for the given period, the connection is terminated.Default: 30 minutes
- The password to unlock TLS certificates.Default: (unset)
- Filesystem path to a certificate file for use with encrypted connection. The complete certificate chain should be present (as there is no other config directive to pull CA certs in).Default: (unset)
- Log every incoming IMAP command and the return code of the operation in a minimal fashion to stderr. Level 1 emits commands that have failed execution, level 2 emits all commands.Default: 0
- If an IMAP connection stalls for the given period, the connection is terminated.Default: 3 minutes
- This flag controls whether clients must utilize TLS, either by way of implicit TLS (cf. imap_listen_tls_port), or through the STARTTLS command.Default: false
- AF_INET6 socket address to bind the IMAP service to.Default: ::
- The TCP port to expose the IMAP protocol service on. (The IP address is fixed to the wildcard address.)Default: 143
- The TCP port to expose implicit-TLS IMAP protocol service (IMAPS) on. (The IP address is fixed to the wildcard address.)Default: (unset)
- Target for log messages here. Special values: "-" (stderr/syslog depending on parent PID) or "syslog" are recognized.Default: - (auto)
- Maximum verbosity of logging. 1=crit, 2=error, 3=warn, 4=notice, 5=info, 6=debug.Default: 4 (notice)
- Filesystem path to the key file needed to unlock the TLS certificate.Default: (unset)
- This flag controls the offering of TLS modes. This affects both the implicit TLS port as well as the advertisement of the STARTTLS extension and availability of the STARTTLS command (RFC 2595) to clients.Default: false
- The maximum number of connections that each thread is allowed to process.Default: 40
- The minimum number of client processing threads to keep around.Default: 1
- An unprivileged user account to switch the process to after startup.Default: gromox
- Directory for runtime variadic data.Default: /var/lib/gromox
- The lowest TLS version to offer. Possible values are: tls1.0, tls1.1, tls1.2, and, if supported by the system, tls1.3.Default: tls1.2
data_file_path/folder_lang.txt: Translations for IMAP folder names.
data_file_path/imap_code.txt: Mapping from internal IMAP error codes to textual descriptions.
/usr/lib/gromox/libgxs_*.so: service plugins