imap — Gromox IMAP server
imap [-c config]
- -c config
Read configuration directives from the given file. If this option is not specified, /etc/gromox/imap.cfg will be read if it exists.
Output version information and exit.
Display option summary.
Configuration file directives¶
- The amount of time a user is blocked from connecting to the service after too many failed logins.Default: 1 minute
- Colon-separated list of directories in which further configuration files, especially those used by plugin instances, will be searched.Default: /etc/gromox/imap:/etc/gromox
- An IPv6 address (or v4-mapped address) to expose the management console frontend on.Default: ::1
- The TCP port number to expose the management console frontend on.Default: 4455
- Lower clamp is at 128.Default: 512
- Maximum number of concurrently active sessions.Default: 200
- Colon-separated list of directories in which static data files will be searched.Default: /usr/share/gromox/imap
Default: (system domainname)
- RFC 2971 specifies the “ID” command with which a client can inquire the program name and version of the server. This is disabled by default, as it can facilitate potential attackers’ information gathering.Default: no
Default: (system hostname)
- The number of login tries a user is allowed before the account is blocked.Default: 10
- If an IMAP connection is idle for the given period, the connection is terminated.Default: 30 minutes
- The password to unlock TLS certificates.Default: (unset)
- Filesystem path to a certificate file for use with encrypted connection. The complete certificate chain should be present (as there is no other config directive to pull CA certs in).Default: (unset)
- If an IMAP connection stalls for the given period, the connection is terminated.Default: 3 minutes
- This flag controls whether clients must utilize TLS, either by way of implicit TLS (cf. listen_ssl_port), or through the STARTTLS command.Default: false
- Path to the file for IMAP folder name translations. If only a basename is specified, the file will be searched in data_file_path.Default: imap_lang.txt
- Filesystem path to the key file needed to unlock the TLS certificate.Default: (unset)
- This flag controls the offering of the STARTTLS extension (RFC 2595) to clients.Default: false
- The TCP port to expose the IMAP protocol service on. (The IP address is fixed to the wildcard address.)Default: 143
- The TCP port to expose implicit-TLS IMAP protocol service (IMAPS) on. (The IP address is fixed to the wildcard address.)Default: (unset)
- An unprivileged user account to switch the process to after startup.Default: gromox
- If set to yes, service plugins that fail to load on startup are ignored. If set to no, the daemon will exit if any plugin cannot be loaded.Default: no
- Path to a text file which lists the filenames of service plugins to load, one per line.Default: (unspecified)
- Path to a secondary directory where service plugins will be loaded from if a primary search in standard directories (as per ld.so(8)) was unsuccessful.Default: /usr/lib/gromox
- Directory for runtime variadic data.Default: /var/lib/gromox
- The maximum number of connections that each thread is allowed to process.Default: 40
- The minimum number of client processing threads to keep around.Default: 1
data_file_path/imap_code.txt: Mapping from internal IMAP error codes to textual descriptions.
data_file_path/imap_lang.txt: Translations for IMAP folder names.
/usr/lib/gromox/libgxs_*.so: service plugins