midb — Message Index database daemon
midb [-c config]
midb is used by imap(8gx) and pop3(8gx) to generate and keep track of folder and message summaries. In particular, it enumerates messages to give them their IMAP UID and have at all times a suitable UIDNEXT value for folders ready. midb also caches the Message-Id, modification date, message flags, subject and sender to facilitate IMAP listings.
- -c config
Read configuration directives from the given file. If this option is not specified, /etc/gromox/midb.cfg will be read if it exists.
Output version information and exit.
Display option summary.
Configuration file directives¶
- Colon-separated list of directories which will be scanned when locating further configuration files, especially those used by plugin instances.Default: /etc/gromox/midb:/etc/gromox
- An IPv6 address (or v4-mapped address) to expose the management console frontend on.Default: ::1
- The TCP port number to expose the management console frontend on.Default: 9900
- Colon-separated list of directories which will be scanned when locating data files.Default: /usr/share/gromox/midb
- Log every incoming MIDB command and the return code of the operation in a minimal fashion to stderr. Level 1 emits commands with a failure return code, level 2 emits all commands.Default: 0
- An IPv6 address (or v4-mapped address) for exposing the event service on.Default: ::1
- The TCP port number for exposing the event service on.Default: 5555
- The minimum number of client processing threads to keep around.Default: 100
- Default: 10
- Path to a text file which lists the filenames of service plugins to load, one per line.Default: (unspecified)
- Path to a secondary directory where service plugins will be loaded from if a primary search in standard directories (as per ld.so(8)) was unsuccessful.Default: /usr/lib/gromox
- See https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_mmap_size for details.Default: 0 (use SQLite default)
- Enables/disables synchronous mode for SQLite databases. See https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_synchronous for details.Default: off
- Selects the particular journal mode for SQLite databases; off selects DELETE mode, on selects WAL mode. See https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_mode for details.Default: on
- Directory for runtime variadic data.Default: /var/lib/gromox
config_file_path/exmdb_list.txt: exmdb multiserver selection map.
config_file_path/midb_acl.txt: A file with one address (IPv6 or v4-mapped) per line of allowed clients. In its absence, ::1 is default-whitelisted.
/usr/lib/gromox/libgxs_*.so: service plugins